Thursday, October 25, 2012

Funniest Home Videos???

The other day I gave Alaina my very first leotard that I ever wore when I did competitive gymnastics at Joan Boyers School of Dance and Gymnastics. The competitive team was called "The Rainbow Company", hence the colorful blocks along the side. (As a kid I always thought that our team name was more magical than all the other teams, and I was really proud of it and all of the rainbows....so to this day I am still a little bummed that my magical rainbow was "taken from me" to symbolize other things.....)  Doing gymnastics was one of my favorite things as a kid, and I still like to do a cartwheel here or a handstand there, so I am pleased that both the girls enjoy flipping and dancing around in the living room. There is a "dance production" or "show" of some sort almost every night and the girls love turning up the music, putting on crazy outfits with wacky hairdos, and entertaining Steve and I.

Anyways, I am thankful that my Mom saved this leotard for me because it brings back such happy memories and it is very special watching the girls wear it. But, the leotard is very old, and the elastic around the legs is really worn out, and I am thinking that after Alaina outgrows it, that will be the end of my leotard. So, I got the video camera out and decided to tape Alaina fooling around in it so that when it is gone we would still have a memory of it. Alaina was being really cute on camera, and I was enjoying watching her leap back and forth and cartwheel etc....and then at the very end of this shot, she gets really into her leaps and winds up pulling a mini "Funniest Home Videos" moment. I thought she hurt herself, so the camera immedietly shut off, but she was OK. We have watched the ending of this about 5 times in a row now because it makes us all laugh hysterically!

Check it out for yourself :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah - My server says this video is "Private" ...can you send it to me?

    Thanks Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Trisha. I fixed the setting so you should be able to watch this video now. How are you? What kind of creative Halloween costumes has your family whipped up this year? We need to get you another letter in the mail, but in the meantime I hope these new posts help you feel somewhat "in touch." We think of you all often!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for your comments!